Hamilton Aquatics was established in 2019 from the merger of two long standing Hamilton swim clubs – ACE and Hillcrest. We are the largest swim club in Hamilton offering opportunities from Learn to Swim programmes, an adult fitness programme through to fun swim development groups, and competitive squad programmes up to international level, including programmes for our para-swimmers. Hamilton Aquatics operates at two locations all year around – Waterworld, Te Rapa and Hamilton Boys High School pool, Hamilton East. Over summer terms we expand with learn to swim programmes at three additional pools across the city.
With such a great combination of swimmers and coaches, we have also achieved many sensational results over the first year. Although there are too many to list the following are of particular note.
- Gina McCarthy, winning National titles at the New Zealand Short Course Championships. Gina was also named Emerging Swimmer of the Year (Aquaknights region) at the 2020 Swimming New Zealand Awards.
- Nikita Howarth, winning the 100m Breaststroke at the World Para Swimming Series Event in Melbourne.
- Gina McCarthy and Kemp Williams, for breaking NZ Records.
- All our swimmers, who competed at the New Zealand Open Water Championships in January 2020. Hamilton Aquatics finished as 4th placed club overall at the event.
- Our Aquaknights Junior Festival team who competed superbly in Rotorua. Swimmers achieved a number of PBs, a number of medals were won and Hamilton Aquatics won several relay events.
- All the swimmers who qualified for the 2020 National Championships. Although these meets were unfortunately cancelled, merely qualifying for these meets is a considerable achievement.