Dolphins & Junior Development
Junior Swimming Squads
Primarily junior aged squads are where we start to introduce a greater training component to the technical foundation provided in the previous squads.
The goal of these squads is to develop high quality technical proficiency and skills specifically to maximise long term swimming potential.
Swimmers at this level would be identifying appropriate competitions in which to compete with some aiming to qualify for and compete at Swimming New Zealand’s Junior Zonal Festival.
These squads training is based around the 200m Individual Medley event and are working towards the following outcomes.
- Increased efficiency in all four strokes
- Ability to execute skilled turns and starts in race situations
- Develop a strong kick in all four strokes
- Ability to race across a variety of events and distances
- Have fun learning about the sport